Hi, I have a new website.
Since my last Updated :
* I have shot Open'er Festival in Poland for The Line of Best Fit
* I've been commissioned to photograph the Music For Youth events in Birmingham as well as the Bristol Music Proms for the radio.
* I've shot Neil Young and Tyler The Creator and George Clinton
* I went to Benicassim Festival for Getty Images
* I went to Lollapalooza Festival and Outside Lands Festival, mostly for The Line of Best Fit
* I went to Portugal the Man and Grouplove amazing show at the Greek Theatre in LA
* I also went to NIN, Interpol, FYF Festival and The Strokes
* I wrote reviews and shot for French Mag Rock&Folk and I took a lot of New Portraits
No updates in a while. I have attended Governors Ball and Bonnaroo Festivals and I've had so many great opportunities to photograph amazing musicians there. No offence to PRs, but in the US it's better or should I say, easier !So... I have new portraits of Cage The Elephant, Arctic Monkeys, Flaming Lips, Janelle Monae, Phoenix, Washed Out, MS MR, Phosphorescent, Little Dragon and Vance Joy ! They were all super sweet and I can not wait to do more portraits soon.
I was also allowed to photograph Cage The Elephant full set and I've put my favorite images here. They are definitely my favorite band to photograph at the moment. So energetic ! I Love it ! I also did a little behind the scenes feature of Californian band Allah-Las.
Before that, I was commissioned to photograph Volcano Choir at Primavera. It was amazing ! I have never heard of them before. Only heard of Bon Iver (Justin Vernon's other band) but It was a great discovery. I was so glad to be able to work with them.
I've also had some photographs on Rolling Stone magazine : MS MR, Allah-Las, James Blake, my super sweet Phoenix photo, Avett Brothers and Sam Smith. Also got some of my Primavera's photos in. Also my La Roux shot on NME magazine. Some on Bilboard and Fuse too.
Straight after Bonnaroo, I've headed to Hurricane Festival in Germany. My photos are on the Getty website. The Line-Up was a bit too Emo for me in general and a lot of German bands that I have never heard about but it was my second year there and a great experience so far. I was happy to be able to catch Interpol, Preatures and my other favorite : Reignwolf ! I made it to the Grammy website with The Black Keys and the Guardian, MusikExpress with a Spoon photo and Live Nation.
I also shot Spoon in London for the Line of Best Fit. It was amazing but unfortunately little lights. I'm so happy that they are back.
Tuesday, I am flying to Poland for Open'er.
I loved it ! So happy to finally be able to go there and photograph. I've been wanting to attend for a few years now. I got the chance to meet up many artists and do portraits sessions. More pics to follow !
My top 3 Fave bands at the Festival ? * Cage The Elephant * Pixies * GOAT
Nothing beats photographing my favorite band in a beautiful venue ! I shot the Cure at the Royal Albert Hall late March for their two 3 hours sold out shows for the Teenage Cancer Trust Charity ! Amazing ! More pics on flickr !
Hello there ! December and January were a bit on the quiet side but it's now time to go back to work ! Here are a few things that I have photographed in February !
* Foals and Cage the Elephant for the Line of Best Fit. Two bands always amazing to photograph !
* Cage the Elephant again at the Electric Ballroom for Redferns/Getty
* Edward Sharpe for Drowned In Sound
* Phoenix for Rolling Stone and their Hottest Live pictures of 2014. I love photographing this band. They put on a great show, they move a lot and I was allowed to photograph the full performance which is always a great opportunity. Sebastien Tellier and Nicolas Godin from Air also came to play a few songs with them !
* Neneh Cherry on one of the smallest stage I have ever seen !
* Chloe Howl for Redferns/Getty
I have also worked with "Amelia George Home Bakery" and produced new images for the website coming very soon.
Finally I also met up with my friend Ezra Furman who was in London from the States to tour with his band "Ezra Furman and the Boyfriends". We hanged out and took a few pictures including a Portrait that I kept for my Portrait section. In the same section you can see my favorite image that I have taken of American singer EMA when she came to London to do some Promo.
I am really looking forward to see what's the next few months are going to bring me. I have a few exciting projects coming up that I will blog about as soon as they become clearer ! Thanks for your interest in my work !
This year is the year where I met Sinead O'Connor, went to some warehouse with Foals, went on tour with Robin Guthrie, moved to Berlin, met up with John Parish, went on tour with Cold War Kids, shot Local Natives at the beach, shot Liars at the farm, went to a lot of Festivals, saw Nick Cave, met up with John Grant, went to NYC, shot a lot of Festivals again, met up with old friends, made new friends, saw The Cure, shot for CGBG in Time Square... It was a very good year, full of exciting opportunities !
I hope that 2014 will be twice as exciting and that I will have a lot of work.
Happy 2014 !
Hi, I'm in NYC. I have not find the time to update the Blog section of the website in a while but here is what I've shot lately :
* Austin City Limits for the Line of Best Fit and Redferns (via Getty Images). The galleries are here : Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and on Getty website. It was such an amazing festival !
* The Cure in El Paso
* CBGB Festival in Time Square with some pictures on Fuse and Rolling Stone US Printed Magazine
* Cold War Kids
* Kurt Vile
* Islands with a picture in Fuse
* Of Montreal - I especially like the Portraits that I took of them Backstage before the show
More pictures can be find on my flickr account (do not use without prior agreement).
Before going to France for the summer, I shot a few gigs in Berlin. Biffy Clyro and Vampire Weekend for The Line of Best Fit.Early September, I have also attended the Electric Picnic Festival in Ireland and also shot a few concerts in London : Eels, Matthew E. White and Rizzle Kicks (Itunes Festival).
I had some photographs published in The Guardian, Fuse, Irish Time with some info about the Electric Picnic, another article in The Time about the very popular Arctic Monkeys, an article about the amazing Queens Of The Stone Age in Rolling Stone as well as a review of Rizzle Kicks at the Itunes Festival in London.
I also shot some portraits of John Grant. I was meant to do them in Berlin a few months ago but the soundcheck was running late and my session got reschedule. Have a look on my portraits section for more new images ! I am always very pleased when musicians accept my photo requests, especially because I am always picking bands and musicians who's music I like...
I am now in New York and I will post another update in the next few weeks.
Hello,I have not been able to put that many updates in the last few weeks. I am just back from Open'er Festival in Poland. I also shot : * Savages in Berlin for Line of Best Fit * Tom Odell at the Lido for Redferns/Getty
I went to Primavera Festivals in Barcelona and in Porto with amazing performances such as Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Blur, Liars, Deerhunter that I've seen 4 times in a week ! I shot portraits of Local Natives and Liars. I also shot Hurricane Festival in Germany for Redferns/Getty. Queens of The Stone Age were great !! I also went to British Sea Power and missed Wavves unfortunately. They got stuck in traffic and never made it to the show. Poor them !
And to finish I went to Calexico and Patti Smith, they played for the anniversary of a Berlin's venue called Zitadelle. There is a massive update on my flickr page from Primavera pictures. More will follow soon.
I had some work published in a few online magazines, mostly announcing Arctic Monkeys New Album and Bassist Kim Deal leaving the Pixies... Fuse, Billboard, Vulture, MusikExpress, Entertainment Weekly, Time, and a few American Radios Websites 101.9, Khou, Rock 108.
I will post more photos from the Festivals that I have shot in the next few weeks. I am leaving soon for France & New York.
I just got back to Berlin from a three weeks Tour with a band called Cold War Kids.Before I left, I got to shoot a couple of events including INTROducing for Intro Magazine and Arte Live Web. I also shot a wedding as I sometimes do, Willy Moon and Jamie Cullum for Redferns/Getty. Tough work, most venues I have shot in Berlin don't seem to use their lights very much and also do not have a photo pit...
I found out about a couple of images being published:
* The Cure for the Lollapalooza annoucement
* Kurt Vile in Rolling Stone for Coachella Must See Acts
* Icona Pop for SeattlePi, announcing the Line-Up of Bumbershoot, Seattle Music Festival
In the next few weeks, I'll be covering a lot of International Music Festivals so keep checking back here for updates. I am still interested to do more portraits and tour documentaries, please see my Portraits and Tour gallery and contact me if it's of any interests !
OK for the past few months, I was thinking about relocating to Berlin for a while. I'm now living here but commuting between London and Berlin for work. In the past month, I shot the followings :
* Jessie Ware and Laura Mvula at Shepherds Bush Empire
* Purity Ring in Hackney
* Johnny Marr and F.U.R.S for The Line of Best Fit
* The Weeknd and got a review in The Guardian online and paper
* Record Store Day Press night at Rough Trade with Ghostpoet and Tom Odell. I took a couple of portraits too that you can find on my portraits section. I shot this event for DrownedInSound
* Foals for The Line of Best Fit and Redferns/Getty, I shot the Matinee show and watched the show and watched again in the evening with my friends. I love them !
* The Script , not really my thing but well ...
* Black Rebel Motorcycle Club for Redferns/Getty * Bastille for Retna
* Suede for The Line of Best Fit and I have been asked by the band to shot the whole gig so not too bad :) * Emeli Sande, the light was beautiful
* Kodaline and had a review in the Guardian
* Yo La Tango for The Line of Best Fit and had a review in the Independent
And since that I have arrived in Berlin, I shot John Grant, Icona Pop and John Parish and also took a couple of portraits of John Parish. His show was amazing, I didn't know what to expect, knowing him mostly for his long term collaborations with PJ Harvey. It was great ! You can see some portraits on my website and here.
Hi, I did lots of things since my last updates:
* I went on Tour with my friend Robin Guthrie
* I shot Villagers live for Redferns/Getty
* I shot Savages for DrownedInSound
* I shot Bloc Party and The Joy Formidable for The Line of Best Fit and I had a picture in the Independent
* I shot Richard Hawley for The Line of Best Fit, I am a big fan !
* And Post War Years at Cargo for Redferns/Getty * And I went to see Jagwar Ma at Birthdays, very good gig !
* I also shot Of Monsters and Men for The Line of Best Fit and I did some portraits too (scroll right).
* I also shot some Foals Portraits during a video session that they did
* And some portraits of John Newman too, he is amazing
* I also went to see Tall Ships at the Scala, Pics are here and here. It was great to see them again, especially playing their own headline shows. Last time that I saw them was when they were opening for Nada Surf on the European Tour I've done.
* I shot Sigur Ros for DrownedInSound. I love this band but shooting from the right handside behind a line marked on the floor isn't really my cup of tea. Gig was great as usual though ! Saw them many times through the years and they're always majestic.
I'm currently planning my move to Berlin next month which is quite stressful but exiting too ! I'm also really looking to do more Tour documentaries for bands, so if it's of any interest, get in touch.
Nick Cave album is out and oh my god it is amazing !A couple of weeks ago, I had the chance to attend his show at Her Majesty's Theatre. It was quite tricky to shoot, left side, one song, same light all the way through but my god the show was so good ! It was an honor to be there. Check out the review on The Line of Best Fit.
Since Christmas, things have been a bit quiet. I have only shot Peter Hook for The Line of Best Fit and Alt-J (with Clean Bandit and Nightworks opening for them) for Retna.I also shot Blood Red Shoes for Getty. Now I'm off on holidays !
I got back from a five weeks tour with Nada Surf last sunday. It was a great experience. I will put pictures up as soon as I have got time. So weird to be back ! Now I just need to find a very nice band to take me on tour again. Since I got back, I shot Passion Pit at the Forum and a couple of the MENCAP Little Noise Sessions gigs. I shot Richard Hawley who was of course amazing, Prince Charles, Noah and The Whale and a few other bands. It was a great set up in a church I've never ever seen before and only five minutes walk from my place. If you want to give to MENCAP, here you go.
Since my last update, I shot Richard Hawley at Brixton for the Line of Best Fit whose hair was cut by this man, I think that he is amazing !!!I also shot Radiohead and had a picture (the big one) in The Sun, online and the printed versions. I also had another one in the NME online, the 1st one on their slideshow...
I also had a XX picture on The Time online. And finally yesterday, I shot Marina & The Diamonds at the Forum in Kentish Town. I've been a bit busy lately, but I have one more thing to do before I go on Tour. I have a wedding tomorrow, Claire & Paul, they are sweet and I'm looking forward to it !
After that I'll be off on Tour with Nada Surf for 5 weeks !
Earlier this year, I shot a couple of portraits for my friends' band which is called "Winters". Their LP is now out on Van Records. My picture has been used on the insert of the Vinyl and for their Press pack. They had some good reviews, if you're into Metal, check them out ! The last couple of weeks, I also shot Kimbra, Patti Smith and Perfume Genius for the Line of Best Fit. I also shot a couple of gigs at the Roundhouse for the Itunes Festival, Madness, Reverend and the Makers, Kindness and Hot Chip. All the pictures can be find on Getty website.
The Guardian online also used two of my pictures of Lianne La Havas and Richard Hawley to illustrate their Mercury Prize nominations.
I am going away on tour with a band very soon but I have got a couple of beautiful gigs scheduled before I set off. I will post a few pictures at the end of next week.
I have attended the Electric Picnic in Ireland last week-end and shot for The Line of Best Fit, but also for this. Great atmosphere this year.I have to say that I was not really looking forward to it as last year edition was cold and rainy and I got lost in the parking lot forever under the rain :) This year was much better, it was also my 60th Cure concert, a bit crazy, but true...
It was great to see Richard Hawley live, he is my new favorite and great to catch up with Cranes too !
A couple of days before the festival, I also found out that one of my image of Arcade Fire from last year edition had been used for the Design of an Heineken online banner. I had not been asked about it but all is well that ends well and I hope I will work with them again !