In July, I have escaped Calexico Tour for a weekend to photograph my favourite band ever at the British Summer Time in Hyde Park where they celebrated their 40 years of career. A rare sight of Robert Smith in the sunshine and a beautiful show. One of my photo and review was run in the French magazine "Rock & Folk".
Since my last Updated :
* I have shot Open'er Festival in Poland for The Line of Best Fit
* I've been commissioned to photograph the Music For Youth events in Birmingham as well as the Bristol Music Proms for the radio.
* I've shot Neil Young and Tyler The Creator and George Clinton
* I went to Benicassim Festival for Getty Images
* I went to Lollapalooza Festival and Outside Lands Festival, mostly for The Line of Best Fit
* I went to Portugal the Man and Grouplove amazing show at the Greek Theatre in LA
* I also went to NIN, Interpol, FYF Festival and The Strokes
* I wrote reviews and shot for French Mag Rock&Folk and I took a lot of New Portraits
No updates in a while. I have attended Governors Ball and Bonnaroo Festivals and I've had so many great opportunities to photograph amazing musicians there. No offence to PRs, but in the US it's better or should I say, easier !So... I have new portraits of Cage The Elephant, Arctic Monkeys, Flaming Lips, Janelle Monae, Phoenix, Washed Out, MS MR, Phosphorescent, Little Dragon and Vance Joy ! They were all super sweet and I can not wait to do more portraits soon.
I was also allowed to photograph Cage The Elephant full set and I've put my favorite images here. They are definitely my favorite band to photograph at the moment. So energetic ! I Love it ! I also did a little behind the scenes feature of Californian band Allah-Las.
Before that, I was commissioned to photograph Volcano Choir at Primavera. It was amazing ! I have never heard of them before. Only heard of Bon Iver (Justin Vernon's other band) but It was a great discovery. I was so glad to be able to work with them.
I've also had some photographs on Rolling Stone magazine : MS MR, Allah-Las, James Blake, my super sweet Phoenix photo, Avett Brothers and Sam Smith. Also got some of my Primavera's photos in. Also my La Roux shot on NME magazine. Some on Bilboard and Fuse too.
Straight after Bonnaroo, I've headed to Hurricane Festival in Germany. My photos are on the Getty website. The Line-Up was a bit too Emo for me in general and a lot of German bands that I have never heard about but it was my second year there and a great experience so far. I was happy to be able to catch Interpol, Preatures and my other favorite : Reignwolf ! I made it to the Grammy website with The Black Keys and the Guardian, MusikExpress with a Spoon photo and Live Nation.
I also shot Spoon in London for the Line of Best Fit. It was amazing but unfortunately little lights. I'm so happy that they are back.
Tuesday, I am flying to Poland for Open'er.
Hi, I'm in NYC. I have not find the time to update the Blog section of the website in a while but here is what I've shot lately :
* Austin City Limits for the Line of Best Fit and Redferns (via Getty Images). The galleries are here : Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and on Getty website. It was such an amazing festival !
* The Cure in El Paso
* CBGB Festival in Time Square with some pictures on Fuse and Rolling Stone US Printed Magazine
* Cold War Kids
* Kurt Vile
* Islands with a picture in Fuse
* Of Montreal - I especially like the Portraits that I took of them Backstage before the show
More pictures can be find on my flickr account (do not use without prior agreement).
OK for the past few months, I was thinking about relocating to Berlin for a while. I'm now living here but commuting between London and Berlin for work. In the past month, I shot the followings :
* Jessie Ware and Laura Mvula at Shepherds Bush Empire
* Purity Ring in Hackney
* Johnny Marr and F.U.R.S for The Line of Best Fit
* The Weeknd and got a review in The Guardian online and paper
* Record Store Day Press night at Rough Trade with Ghostpoet and Tom Odell. I took a couple of portraits too that you can find on my portraits section. I shot this event for DrownedInSound
* Foals for The Line of Best Fit and Redferns/Getty, I shot the Matinee show and watched the show and watched again in the evening with my friends. I love them !
* The Script , not really my thing but well ...
* Black Rebel Motorcycle Club for Redferns/Getty * Bastille for Retna
* Suede for The Line of Best Fit and I have been asked by the band to shot the whole gig so not too bad :) * Emeli Sande, the light was beautiful
* Kodaline and had a review in the Guardian
* Yo La Tango for The Line of Best Fit and had a review in the Independent
And since that I have arrived in Berlin, I shot John Grant, Icona Pop and John Parish and also took a couple of portraits of John Parish. His show was amazing, I didn't know what to expect, knowing him mostly for his long term collaborations with PJ Harvey. It was great ! You can see some portraits on my website and here.
Nick Cave album is out and oh my god it is amazing !A couple of weeks ago, I had the chance to attend his show at Her Majesty's Theatre. It was quite tricky to shoot, left side, one song, same light all the way through but my god the show was so good ! It was an honor to be there. Check out the review on The Line of Best Fit.
Since my last update, I shot Richard Hawley at Brixton for the Line of Best Fit whose hair was cut by this man, I think that he is amazing !!!I also shot Radiohead and had a picture (the big one) in The Sun, online and the printed versions. I also had another one in the NME online, the 1st one on their slideshow...
I also had a XX picture on The Time online. And finally yesterday, I shot Marina & The Diamonds at the Forum in Kentish Town. I've been a bit busy lately, but I have one more thing to do before I go on Tour. I have a wedding tomorrow, Claire & Paul, they are sweet and I'm looking forward to it !
After that I'll be off on Tour with Nada Surf for 5 weeks !
Last week I shot Lianne La Havas at the Village Underground for the launch of her album. I also shot a couple of more gigs from the Summer Series at the Somerset House : Paloma Faith & Seye and French artist Charlotte Gainsbourg.I also shot Angie Stone and Nanci Griffith.
Last but not least, I got a feature of my Chernobyl pictures on Posi+tive Magazine . I love this online magazine so I was so happy that they have accepted my submission !
Since my last updates, my websites have been hacked. You could visit a Russian website by clicking my name on google and it resulted on me having to pay a webmaster and new host to get rid of it. I wasn't really ready for the expenditure but anyway, it's getting back to normal slowly but surely... Last weekend, I've also covered the Hop Farm Festival for the Line of Best Fit. I think I have not been treated so well at any other festival before. Nice press people, food, drinks... I particularly enjoyed watching Slow Club and of course Patti Smith (despite her spitting a lot on stage and me making sure that I wasn't on the way...). Patrick Wolf also played violin with her...
I also shot Garbage at Brixton Academy on sunday evening...
And if you bought the Guitarist Magazine from last month, there is one of my picture from the Cure New York Reflection show on it.