OK for the past few months, I was thinking about relocating to Berlin for a while. I'm now living here but commuting between London and Berlin for work. In the past month, I shot the followings :
* Jessie Ware and Laura Mvula at Shepherds Bush Empire
* Purity Ring in Hackney
* Johnny Marr and F.U.R.S for The Line of Best Fit
* The Weeknd and got a review in The Guardian online and paper
* Record Store Day Press night at Rough Trade with Ghostpoet and Tom Odell. I took a couple of portraits too that you can find on my portraits section. I shot this event for DrownedInSound
* Foals for The Line of Best Fit and Redferns/Getty, I shot the Matinee show and watched the show and watched again in the evening with my friends. I love them !
* The Script , not really my thing but well ...
* Black Rebel Motorcycle Club for Redferns/Getty * Bastille for Retna
* Suede for The Line of Best Fit and I have been asked by the band to shot the whole gig so not too bad :) * Emeli Sande, the light was beautiful
* Kodaline and had a review in the Guardian
* Yo La Tango for The Line of Best Fit and had a review in the Independent
And since that I have arrived in Berlin, I shot John Grant, Icona Pop and John Parish and also took a couple of portraits of John Parish. His show was amazing, I didn't know what to expect, knowing him mostly for his long term collaborations with PJ Harvey. It was great ! You can see some portraits on my website and here.
Hi, I did lots of things since my last updates:
* I went on Tour with my friend Robin Guthrie
* I shot Villagers live for Redferns/Getty
* I shot Savages for DrownedInSound
* I shot Bloc Party and The Joy Formidable for The Line of Best Fit and I had a picture in the Independent
* I shot Richard Hawley for The Line of Best Fit, I am a big fan !
* And Post War Years at Cargo for Redferns/Getty * And I went to see Jagwar Ma at Birthdays, very good gig !
* I also shot Of Monsters and Men for The Line of Best Fit and I did some portraits too (scroll right).
* I also shot some Foals Portraits during a video session that they did
* And some portraits of John Newman too, he is amazing
* I also went to see Tall Ships at the Scala, Pics are here and here. It was great to see them again, especially playing their own headline shows. Last time that I saw them was when they were opening for Nada Surf on the European Tour I've done.
* I shot Sigur Ros for DrownedInSound. I love this band but shooting from the right handside behind a line marked on the floor isn't really my cup of tea. Gig was great as usual though ! Saw them many times through the years and they're always majestic.
I'm currently planning my move to Berlin next month which is quite stressful but exiting too ! I'm also really looking to do more Tour documentaries for bands, so if it's of any interest, get in touch.
I got back from a five weeks tour with Nada Surf last sunday. It was a great experience. I will put pictures up as soon as I have got time. So weird to be back ! Now I just need to find a very nice band to take me on tour again. Since I got back, I shot Passion Pit at the Forum and a couple of the MENCAP Little Noise Sessions gigs. I shot Richard Hawley who was of course amazing, Prince Charles, Noah and The Whale and a few other bands. It was a great set up in a church I've never ever seen before and only five minutes walk from my place. If you want to give to MENCAP, here you go.
This week, I was lucky enough to shoot Kiss twice !! I attended their press conference where they were talking about their new photography book. Unfortunately they didn't wear their trademark make-up but I got to shoot their show at the Forum too. It was completely amazing. I only knew a couple of songs but they totally ROCKED IT and I really hope to see them again. I couldn't believe how good they were ! It was great to shoot a band with so much energy, posing for the camera and with amazing lights ! Everything was perfect, despite the 29 other photographers next to me :) I also shot "The tallest Man on Earth" in Hackney for The Line of Best Fit and The Psychedelic Furs at The Garage.
Last friday, I was shooting Mystery Jets at Brixton Academy. I couldn't believe how big they've become ! I think that the last time that I've seen them was for their Rough Trade in store gig in 2008. They've come a long way !
This is the new version of my website. Much more easier to maintain that the previous one and It enables me to Blog in my broken English too...