For the second year in a row, I was part of the photography team for Pointu Festival in south of France. A little free festival by the sea with the likes of The Oh Sees, Sleaford Mods, FIDLAR, Carpenter Brut, Deap Vally, and many more playing this year. I can’t wait to be back there again.
Later last month, I won a scholarship to attend Yeah Field Trip in the US. A week packed with workshops, talks and hands on events for creatives - mostly photographers. I travelled to LA and Santa Barbara and spent five days in El Capitan Canyon, trying to better my skills, exchange ideas and getting inspired by other people. Here is their website if you're interested to know more. I've added a few images to my portfolio, including the one below.
I am currently exhibiting in Glasgow at :
427 Sauchiehall Street
Open from 5pm until 3am
From the 3rd of November until further notice
Framed prints are available to order. Full Exhibition gallery here !
Images will be printed on Fuji Fine Art Barytée Gloss Giclée Print, signed, numbered and framed, with acid free mount and backing board. Different print sizes/frames applies. From 30£ to 130£.
The prints will be signed and numbered. Order before the 13th of Dec to receive on time for Xmas (for UK, Spain, France, Italy and Germany). Rest of the world TBC. Please email me for any queries.
I was the official photographer of 2017 Pointu Festival. Really glad to see such a good line up so close to my hometown. It was the 3rd edition and it's entirely free !
Click the pic below to see more.
I've covered the last few dates of Curtis Harding European Tour. Click the photo for the gallery of my fave pics.
In April, I have covered Coachella Festival for Line of Best Fit and for Hunger Online.
I have put a selection of my favorite images here. It was great to be there again and see so many talented performers. My highlights were definitely FKA Twigs and Florence and the Machine shows.
I also took some portraits of Mac DeMarco, Stromae, Toro Y Moi ...
Since my last Updated :
* I have shot Open'er Festival in Poland for The Line of Best Fit
* I've been commissioned to photograph the Music For Youth events in Birmingham as well as the Bristol Music Proms for the radio.
* I've shot Neil Young and Tyler The Creator and George Clinton
* I went to Benicassim Festival for Getty Images
* I went to Lollapalooza Festival and Outside Lands Festival, mostly for The Line of Best Fit
* I went to Portugal the Man and Grouplove amazing show at the Greek Theatre in LA
* I also went to NIN, Interpol, FYF Festival and The Strokes
* I wrote reviews and shot for French Mag Rock&Folk and I took a lot of New Portraits
No updates in a while. I have attended Governors Ball and Bonnaroo Festivals and I've had so many great opportunities to photograph amazing musicians there. No offence to PRs, but in the US it's better or should I say, easier !So... I have new portraits of Cage The Elephant, Arctic Monkeys, Flaming Lips, Janelle Monae, Phoenix, Washed Out, MS MR, Phosphorescent, Little Dragon and Vance Joy ! They were all super sweet and I can not wait to do more portraits soon.
I was also allowed to photograph Cage The Elephant full set and I've put my favorite images here. They are definitely my favorite band to photograph at the moment. So energetic ! I Love it ! I also did a little behind the scenes feature of Californian band Allah-Las.
Before that, I was commissioned to photograph Volcano Choir at Primavera. It was amazing ! I have never heard of them before. Only heard of Bon Iver (Justin Vernon's other band) but It was a great discovery. I was so glad to be able to work with them.
I've also had some photographs on Rolling Stone magazine : MS MR, Allah-Las, James Blake, my super sweet Phoenix photo, Avett Brothers and Sam Smith. Also got some of my Primavera's photos in. Also my La Roux shot on NME magazine. Some on Bilboard and Fuse too.
Straight after Bonnaroo, I've headed to Hurricane Festival in Germany. My photos are on the Getty website. The Line-Up was a bit too Emo for me in general and a lot of German bands that I have never heard about but it was my second year there and a great experience so far. I was happy to be able to catch Interpol, Preatures and my other favorite : Reignwolf ! I made it to the Grammy website with The Black Keys and the Guardian, MusikExpress with a Spoon photo and Live Nation.
I also shot Spoon in London for the Line of Best Fit. It was amazing but unfortunately little lights. I'm so happy that they are back.
Tuesday, I am flying to Poland for Open'er.
Hello there ! December and January were a bit on the quiet side but it's now time to go back to work ! Here are a few things that I have photographed in February !
* Foals and Cage the Elephant for the Line of Best Fit. Two bands always amazing to photograph !
* Cage the Elephant again at the Electric Ballroom for Redferns/Getty
* Edward Sharpe for Drowned In Sound
* Phoenix for Rolling Stone and their Hottest Live pictures of 2014. I love photographing this band. They put on a great show, they move a lot and I was allowed to photograph the full performance which is always a great opportunity. Sebastien Tellier and Nicolas Godin from Air also came to play a few songs with them !
* Neneh Cherry on one of the smallest stage I have ever seen !
* Chloe Howl for Redferns/Getty
I have also worked with "Amelia George Home Bakery" and produced new images for the website coming very soon.
Finally I also met up with my friend Ezra Furman who was in London from the States to tour with his band "Ezra Furman and the Boyfriends". We hanged out and took a few pictures including a Portrait that I kept for my Portrait section. In the same section you can see my favorite image that I have taken of American singer EMA when she came to London to do some Promo.
I am really looking forward to see what's the next few months are going to bring me. I have a few exciting projects coming up that I will blog about as soon as they become clearer ! Thanks for your interest in my work !
Hi, I'm in NYC. I have not find the time to update the Blog section of the website in a while but here is what I've shot lately :
* Austin City Limits for the Line of Best Fit and Redferns (via Getty Images). The galleries are here : Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and on Getty website. It was such an amazing festival !
* The Cure in El Paso
* CBGB Festival in Time Square with some pictures on Fuse and Rolling Stone US Printed Magazine
* Cold War Kids
* Kurt Vile
* Islands with a picture in Fuse
* Of Montreal - I especially like the Portraits that I took of them Backstage before the show
More pictures can be find on my flickr account (do not use without prior agreement).
Before going to France for the summer, I shot a few gigs in Berlin. Biffy Clyro and Vampire Weekend for The Line of Best Fit.Early September, I have also attended the Electric Picnic Festival in Ireland and also shot a few concerts in London : Eels, Matthew E. White and Rizzle Kicks (Itunes Festival).
I had some photographs published in The Guardian, Fuse, Irish Time with some info about the Electric Picnic, another article in The Time about the very popular Arctic Monkeys, an article about the amazing Queens Of The Stone Age in Rolling Stone as well as a review of Rizzle Kicks at the Itunes Festival in London.
I also shot some portraits of John Grant. I was meant to do them in Berlin a few months ago but the soundcheck was running late and my session got reschedule. Have a look on my portraits section for more new images ! I am always very pleased when musicians accept my photo requests, especially because I am always picking bands and musicians who's music I like...
I am now in New York and I will post another update in the next few weeks.
I just got back to Berlin from a three weeks Tour with a band called Cold War Kids.Before I left, I got to shoot a couple of events including INTROducing for Intro Magazine and Arte Live Web. I also shot a wedding as I sometimes do, Willy Moon and Jamie Cullum for Redferns/Getty. Tough work, most venues I have shot in Berlin don't seem to use their lights very much and also do not have a photo pit...
I found out about a couple of images being published:
* The Cure for the Lollapalooza annoucement
* Kurt Vile in Rolling Stone for Coachella Must See Acts
* Icona Pop for SeattlePi, announcing the Line-Up of Bumbershoot, Seattle Music Festival
In the next few weeks, I'll be covering a lot of International Music Festivals so keep checking back here for updates. I am still interested to do more portraits and tour documentaries, please see my Portraits and Tour gallery and contact me if it's of any interests !
OK for the past few months, I was thinking about relocating to Berlin for a while. I'm now living here but commuting between London and Berlin for work. In the past month, I shot the followings :
* Jessie Ware and Laura Mvula at Shepherds Bush Empire
* Purity Ring in Hackney
* Johnny Marr and F.U.R.S for The Line of Best Fit
* The Weeknd and got a review in The Guardian online and paper
* Record Store Day Press night at Rough Trade with Ghostpoet and Tom Odell. I took a couple of portraits too that you can find on my portraits section. I shot this event for DrownedInSound
* Foals for The Line of Best Fit and Redferns/Getty, I shot the Matinee show and watched the show and watched again in the evening with my friends. I love them !
* The Script , not really my thing but well ...
* Black Rebel Motorcycle Club for Redferns/Getty * Bastille for Retna
* Suede for The Line of Best Fit and I have been asked by the band to shot the whole gig so not too bad :) * Emeli Sande, the light was beautiful
* Kodaline and had a review in the Guardian
* Yo La Tango for The Line of Best Fit and had a review in the Independent
And since that I have arrived in Berlin, I shot John Grant, Icona Pop and John Parish and also took a couple of portraits of John Parish. His show was amazing, I didn't know what to expect, knowing him mostly for his long term collaborations with PJ Harvey. It was great ! You can see some portraits on my website and here.
Hi, I did lots of things since my last updates:
* I went on Tour with my friend Robin Guthrie
* I shot Villagers live for Redferns/Getty
* I shot Savages for DrownedInSound
* I shot Bloc Party and The Joy Formidable for The Line of Best Fit and I had a picture in the Independent
* I shot Richard Hawley for The Line of Best Fit, I am a big fan !
* And Post War Years at Cargo for Redferns/Getty * And I went to see Jagwar Ma at Birthdays, very good gig !
* I also shot Of Monsters and Men for The Line of Best Fit and I did some portraits too (scroll right).
* I also shot some Foals Portraits during a video session that they did
* And some portraits of John Newman too, he is amazing
* I also went to see Tall Ships at the Scala, Pics are here and here. It was great to see them again, especially playing their own headline shows. Last time that I saw them was when they were opening for Nada Surf on the European Tour I've done.
* I shot Sigur Ros for DrownedInSound. I love this band but shooting from the right handside behind a line marked on the floor isn't really my cup of tea. Gig was great as usual though ! Saw them many times through the years and they're always majestic.
I'm currently planning my move to Berlin next month which is quite stressful but exiting too ! I'm also really looking to do more Tour documentaries for bands, so if it's of any interest, get in touch.
Last week I shot Lianne La Havas at the Village Underground for the launch of her album. I also shot a couple of more gigs from the Summer Series at the Somerset House : Paloma Faith & Seye and French artist Charlotte Gainsbourg.I also shot Angie Stone and Nanci Griffith.
Last but not least, I got a feature of my Chernobyl pictures on Posi+tive Magazine . I love this online magazine so I was so happy that they have accepted my submission !
Last week, I shot a couple of gigs at the Summer Series at the Somerset House. I've catch Tindersticks, Emmy the Great, Anna Calvi and Cold Specks. My highlight was definitely shooting Traction festival in Kings Cross for The Line of Best Fit. Especially because I got to shoot some portrait of French singer Sebastien Tellier ! I've put my favorite in my Portrait section and there is a few more on flickr.
Primavera is always a bit of a challenge as there is about 200 photographers to share the pits with... Here are my pros and cons of this year festival.+ Sun + Seeing the Cure + Shooting Portraits of Josh T Pearson - one of the greatest beard around + Richard Hawley + Goat cheese salad
- The storm on the last day and no tent to put us in - Shooting the Cure (the worse pictures of my Cure history - I will blame the high stage and the other 200 photographers)... - Waking up after three hours sleep - Not understanding anything - Too many point and shoot
One of the good things is that I met Josh T Pearson who accepted to do a portrait session. However I had to wake up after only three hours sleep to do the shoot at the hotel. I waited patiently half asleep for him and his Manager to arrive, behind Marianne Faithful... I would have love to bump into Warren Ellis who played the Festival with the Dirty Three but unfortunately it didn't happen !
Since I have been back from Primavera, I have only shot one gig : Jack White at Brixton !