Catched up with Twin Peaks for their Benicassim set. Find below some of my fave pictures.
I was the official photographer of 2017 Pointu Festival. Really glad to see such a good line up so close to my hometown. It was the 3rd edition and it's entirely free !
Click the pic below to see more.
I was commissioned to work with Australian singer/songwriter Sophie Payten aka Gordi, to document her Primavera Sound Barcelona set. Find below some of my favorite images of the day.
I went on tour numerous times with Calexico in 2015 and 2016. Find below some of my favorite photos of our trips.
In December, I was commissioned by Helsinki Tourism to photograph and explore the city. Find above my fave photos and below my fave picks for the week.
1 - The Food
Finnish cuisine is highlighting fresh and seasonal ingredients. My best picks for food for the week:
* Juuri - my favourite restaurant in Helsinki and the best food that I had in a while. The chef treated us with the Christmas lunch including small fish Sapas. It is gourmet food using fresh and traditional ingredients.
* Putte’s - trendy and busy pizza place with a bar and a disco downstairs. Really good food and wine.
* Fleuriste - Finnish are really into Coffee shops. There is a really good looking Brunch menu but we decided to go for their selection of Cakes and Coffee. I really recommend it because it is very good but also because the ladies working there are the nicest. It’s like stepping into a friend’s house.
* Ekberg - oldest Bakery in Helsinki, they retained many old school architectural features. It is a bit touristy but I recommend their brunch on Sunday.
2 - The Bars
I am more into wine and cocktails so I tried to look for some of those:
* Shelter – best cocktails, by the harbour and Uspenskin Cathedral. Really cosy and super friendly waiters.
* Liberty or Death – amazing cocktails too if you are in another part of the city.
* Ateljee Bar – best view of the city for this really tiny bar located at the top of a hotel. Worth checking it out before you head out elsewhere. It is really, really tiny.
* Vin Vin - located right next Putte’s Pizza. Their sommelier is very resourceful and the wine selection amazing.
3 - Design
Design in Finland is a big thing, from furniture’s to clothes, to architecture.
I really wanted to try to visit Marimekko factory and it was my highlight of the week. I got an Insight of the design house, how they printed their textiles and what they are using them for. It was amazing to see the prints created before my eyes. They use 10 gigantic screens to print !
I love to meet people who are passionate about their craft. So to follow with this, I also got to meet the girls at Box Jewellery. I highly recommend checking out their work if you like unique jewellery pieces. They are very inspiring. http://www.keskipomppu.com and http://pionidesign.fi
4 - Arts
Design Museo, Alteneum and HAM Helsinki were my predilection choices. There are so many Museums in Helsinki and with a National Holiday in the middle of the week, I couldn’t quite experience as many as I’d wished for. Yayoi Kusama retrospective was the most fascinating for me.
5 - The Outdoors
There is multiple parks to explore in the city but my favourite escape was UUnisaari Island. In wintertime, it is accessible via a bridge from the harbour. The landscape and the light were perfect. It was the most beautiful place for me in the city.
> Bonus : Tallin
If you get a chance, hop on the 2 hour boat ride to Tallin. You’ll find cheap eateries and medieval bars as well as multiples little museums and vintage shops. I highly recommend the restaurant called V (Vegie/Vegan) in the city centre. We also enjoyed mulled wine at Olde Hansa and a few drinks at the Depeche Mode (like the band !) Baar. Very easy trip if you want to see a different architecture and hop to another country for the day.
In October, I went on tour with the amazing Twin Peaks for French Magazine Rock & Folk. My photos and article were published in the 60th birthday issue of the magazine. Click on the photo below to see more !
I have made a gallery with some of my favorite images from their sets at Austin City Limits Festival Weekend 1 and 2. I love to photograph this band. They have so much energy ! Hoping to catch them somewhere on the road in Europe soon.
Some of my Nada Surf Tour photos below. It was great to jump on the Bus with those guys again, four years after we first toured together.
I have just added a travel/life section to my website since I seem to spend most of my time away. I hope that you will like it !
At the end of August, I have photographed Afropunk Festival in NYC for Live Nation TV. Such an amazing festival fighting against homophobia, racism and sexism.
No updates in a while. I have attended Governors Ball and Bonnaroo Festivals and I've had so many great opportunities to photograph amazing musicians there. No offence to PRs, but in the US it's better or should I say, easier !So... I have new portraits of Cage The Elephant, Arctic Monkeys, Flaming Lips, Janelle Monae, Phoenix, Washed Out, MS MR, Phosphorescent, Little Dragon and Vance Joy ! They were all super sweet and I can not wait to do more portraits soon.
I was also allowed to photograph Cage The Elephant full set and I've put my favorite images here. They are definitely my favorite band to photograph at the moment. So energetic ! I Love it ! I also did a little behind the scenes feature of Californian band Allah-Las.
Before that, I was commissioned to photograph Volcano Choir at Primavera. It was amazing ! I have never heard of them before. Only heard of Bon Iver (Justin Vernon's other band) but It was a great discovery. I was so glad to be able to work with them.
I've also had some photographs on Rolling Stone magazine : MS MR, Allah-Las, James Blake, my super sweet Phoenix photo, Avett Brothers and Sam Smith. Also got some of my Primavera's photos in. Also my La Roux shot on NME magazine. Some on Bilboard and Fuse too.
Straight after Bonnaroo, I've headed to Hurricane Festival in Germany. My photos are on the Getty website. The Line-Up was a bit too Emo for me in general and a lot of German bands that I have never heard about but it was my second year there and a great experience so far. I was happy to be able to catch Interpol, Preatures and my other favorite : Reignwolf ! I made it to the Grammy website with The Black Keys and the Guardian, MusikExpress with a Spoon photo and Live Nation.
I also shot Spoon in London for the Line of Best Fit. It was amazing but unfortunately little lights. I'm so happy that they are back.
Tuesday, I am flying to Poland for Open'er.
I loved it ! So happy to finally be able to go there and photograph. I've been wanting to attend for a few years now. I got the chance to meet up many artists and do portraits sessions. More pics to follow !
My top 3 Fave bands at the Festival ? * Cage The Elephant * Pixies * GOAT
Hello there ! December and January were a bit on the quiet side but it's now time to go back to work ! Here are a few things that I have photographed in February !
* Foals and Cage the Elephant for the Line of Best Fit. Two bands always amazing to photograph !
* Cage the Elephant again at the Electric Ballroom for Redferns/Getty
* Edward Sharpe for Drowned In Sound
* Phoenix for Rolling Stone and their Hottest Live pictures of 2014. I love photographing this band. They put on a great show, they move a lot and I was allowed to photograph the full performance which is always a great opportunity. Sebastien Tellier and Nicolas Godin from Air also came to play a few songs with them !
* Neneh Cherry on one of the smallest stage I have ever seen !
* Chloe Howl for Redferns/Getty
I have also worked with "Amelia George Home Bakery" and produced new images for the website coming very soon.
Finally I also met up with my friend Ezra Furman who was in London from the States to tour with his band "Ezra Furman and the Boyfriends". We hanged out and took a few pictures including a Portrait that I kept for my Portrait section. In the same section you can see my favorite image that I have taken of American singer EMA when she came to London to do some Promo.
I am really looking forward to see what's the next few months are going to bring me. I have a few exciting projects coming up that I will blog about as soon as they become clearer ! Thanks for your interest in my work !
Hi, I'm in NYC. I have not find the time to update the Blog section of the website in a while but here is what I've shot lately :
* Austin City Limits for the Line of Best Fit and Redferns (via Getty Images). The galleries are here : Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and on Getty website. It was such an amazing festival !
* The Cure in El Paso
* CBGB Festival in Time Square with some pictures on Fuse and Rolling Stone US Printed Magazine
* Cold War Kids
* Kurt Vile
* Islands with a picture in Fuse
* Of Montreal - I especially like the Portraits that I took of them Backstage before the show
More pictures can be find on my flickr account (do not use without prior agreement).
I just got back to Berlin from a three weeks Tour with a band called Cold War Kids.Before I left, I got to shoot a couple of events including INTROducing for Intro Magazine and Arte Live Web. I also shot a wedding as I sometimes do, Willy Moon and Jamie Cullum for Redferns/Getty. Tough work, most venues I have shot in Berlin don't seem to use their lights very much and also do not have a photo pit...
I found out about a couple of images being published:
* The Cure for the Lollapalooza annoucement
* Kurt Vile in Rolling Stone for Coachella Must See Acts
* Icona Pop for SeattlePi, announcing the Line-Up of Bumbershoot, Seattle Music Festival
In the next few weeks, I'll be covering a lot of International Music Festivals so keep checking back here for updates. I am still interested to do more portraits and tour documentaries, please see my Portraits and Tour gallery and contact me if it's of any interests !
OK for the past few months, I was thinking about relocating to Berlin for a while. I'm now living here but commuting between London and Berlin for work. In the past month, I shot the followings :
* Jessie Ware and Laura Mvula at Shepherds Bush Empire
* Purity Ring in Hackney
* Johnny Marr and F.U.R.S for The Line of Best Fit
* The Weeknd and got a review in The Guardian online and paper
* Record Store Day Press night at Rough Trade with Ghostpoet and Tom Odell. I took a couple of portraits too that you can find on my portraits section. I shot this event for DrownedInSound
* Foals for The Line of Best Fit and Redferns/Getty, I shot the Matinee show and watched the show and watched again in the evening with my friends. I love them !
* The Script , not really my thing but well ...
* Black Rebel Motorcycle Club for Redferns/Getty * Bastille for Retna
* Suede for The Line of Best Fit and I have been asked by the band to shot the whole gig so not too bad :) * Emeli Sande, the light was beautiful
* Kodaline and had a review in the Guardian
* Yo La Tango for The Line of Best Fit and had a review in the Independent
And since that I have arrived in Berlin, I shot John Grant, Icona Pop and John Parish and also took a couple of portraits of John Parish. His show was amazing, I didn't know what to expect, knowing him mostly for his long term collaborations with PJ Harvey. It was great ! You can see some portraits on my website and here.
Hi, I did lots of things since my last updates:
* I went on Tour with my friend Robin Guthrie
* I shot Villagers live for Redferns/Getty
* I shot Savages for DrownedInSound
* I shot Bloc Party and The Joy Formidable for The Line of Best Fit and I had a picture in the Independent
* I shot Richard Hawley for The Line of Best Fit, I am a big fan !
* And Post War Years at Cargo for Redferns/Getty * And I went to see Jagwar Ma at Birthdays, very good gig !
* I also shot Of Monsters and Men for The Line of Best Fit and I did some portraits too (scroll right).
* I also shot some Foals Portraits during a video session that they did
* And some portraits of John Newman too, he is amazing
* I also went to see Tall Ships at the Scala, Pics are here and here. It was great to see them again, especially playing their own headline shows. Last time that I saw them was when they were opening for Nada Surf on the European Tour I've done.
* I shot Sigur Ros for DrownedInSound. I love this band but shooting from the right handside behind a line marked on the floor isn't really my cup of tea. Gig was great as usual though ! Saw them many times through the years and they're always majestic.
I'm currently planning my move to Berlin next month which is quite stressful but exiting too ! I'm also really looking to do more Tour documentaries for bands, so if it's of any interest, get in touch.
Since Christmas, things have been a bit quiet. I have only shot Peter Hook for The Line of Best Fit and Alt-J (with Clean Bandit and Nightworks opening for them) for Retna.I also shot Blood Red Shoes for Getty. Now I'm off on holidays !
Since my last update, I shot Richard Hawley at Brixton for the Line of Best Fit whose hair was cut by this man, I think that he is amazing !!!I also shot Radiohead and had a picture (the big one) in The Sun, online and the printed versions. I also had another one in the NME online, the 1st one on their slideshow...
I also had a XX picture on The Time online. And finally yesterday, I shot Marina & The Diamonds at the Forum in Kentish Town. I've been a bit busy lately, but I have one more thing to do before I go on Tour. I have a wedding tomorrow, Claire & Paul, they are sweet and I'm looking forward to it !
After that I'll be off on Tour with Nada Surf for 5 weeks !